QUB Culture and Arts Department are recruiting for Box Office Assistants to assist in the Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen’s Box Office, processing postal bookings, maintaining the on-line ticketing operation, dealing with the public, selling tickets for festival events at the counter, at city centre box office sites, by telephone and at various venues. The post holders will also act as the public face and voice of the festival, managing a variety of customer enquiries, providing an excellent and enjoyable customer service experience.
Salary: £8.06 per hour
Anticipated Interview Date: Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 August 2012
Duration: Available from 27 August until 3 November 2012, working 32 hours per week. Available from 10 October until 3 November 2012, working 16 hours per week.
1. 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English Language and a Mathematics or NVQ Level 2 in a relevant
2. 6 months minimum computerised box office experience essential.
3. Basic cash handling experience.
4. Customer service experience.
5. Numeracy and literacy skills.
6. IT literacy and basic familiarity with computer packages eg Microsoft Office.
7. Keyboard skills.
8. Ability to understand relevant procedures including Health and Safety requirements.
9. Good oral and written communication skills.
10. Capable of following oral and written instructions.
11. Ability to work as part of a team.
12. Good interpersonal skills.
13. Ability to work on own initiative.
14. Available to work irregular hours as required.
15. Required to work Monday – Saturday.
Closing Date: Monday 16 July 2012.